Thursday, August 20, 2015
2 tablespoons whole cardamom seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds, toasted
1/4 cup ground turmeric
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne
Grind and bottle, should last with full flavor up to 6 months. Add more heat as necessary.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
I like the word goal as opposed to resolution. Goals can be big or small, they can lead to other goals. Resolutions are a decision to do something or not. It's important to make attainable goals that end in a resolution. I always make resolutions for the New Year, but I end up changing them or breaking them down into smaller goals. I don't always, like many, attain those goals.I am a huge procrastinator, just ask my wife. Here are the overall goals.
- I will try to do at least one thing on a daily basis. It doesn't have to be on my to-do list, but more days than not it should be related to the to-do list.
- Stop putting off my runs until afternoon. This will allow me to be more consistent and get my mileage up. It will also allow me to lose a few pounds, get back to my ideal weight, de-stress and become a better person for those around me.
- Start running trails, I have amazing trails just blocks away.
- Crunches/planks and light weights 2-3 days a week.
- Get enough water in each day.
- Get more carbs from vegetables than from pasta.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, and do less farming. Farmville people will understand the last part.
- Put more effort into writing and blogging. I'm an engineer and need to be more "whole brained".
- Be more concise in how I work, work smarter. Spend less time with the busy work.
- Be less of a pack rat and lighten the load.
What are your goals? How will you attain them?